SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
To many entrepreneurs, social media marketing is a temporary yet powerful faze that must be taken advantage of while it’s still in the spotlight. To others, it’s a buzzword with no practical advantages and a steep, complicated learning curve. Whichever side of the of the fence that you sit on, the statistics paint a very different picture.
Here are some of the IMPORTANT facts to consider:
- The top two benefits are increasing exposure and increase traffic.
- 80% of respondents of the Social Media Examiner reported an increase of traffic due to efforts.
- A significant 92% of the marketers reported that their efforts generated a greater exposure.
- At least 60% of those investing a minimum of 6 hours per week in social media marketing saw improvements in search engine rankings.
- Of those with at least 1 year of experience, 69% or more found social platforms provided marketplace insight.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogging, Google+ and Instagramwere the top seven platforms used by marketers with Facebook topping the list.
- Google+ took first place as the platform marketers most want to learn about, displacing blogging from the previous years list.
- We asked social media marketers what other types of marketing they were using. The top three were email marketing, search engine optimisation and event marketing.